Dr. Namson Lau is a Consultant Endocrinologist and Staff Specialist with the Department of Diabetes & Endocrinology, Liverpool Hospital. His clinical practice includes type 1 and 2 diabetes, diabetic foot disease, osteoporosis and general endocrinology with specific interest in cardio-metabolic risk modification in obesity, diabetes and diabetic foot disease.
B1 - Book Chapter
- 2014, Commercial weight loss programs and their effectiveness in managing obesity, in Managing and preventing obesity: behavioural factors and dietary interventions, eds Gill TWoodhead Publishers Limited, Cambridge, UK, pp. 243-255, ISBN 9781782420910
- Lau NS, Fuller NR, Fong M 2014, Commercial weight loss programs and their effectiveness in managing obesity, in Managing and preventing obesity: behavioural factors and dietary interventions, eds Gill TWoodhead Publishers Limited, Cambridge, UK, pp. 243-256, ISBN 9781782420910
C1 - Journal Article
- Wong VW, Ho A, Fiakos E, Lau NS, Russell H 2016, "Introduction of New South Wales adult subcutaneous insulin-prescribing chart in a tertiary hospital: its impact on inpatient glycaemic control", Internal Medicine Journal, vol. 46, no. 11, pp. 1323-1328
- 2016, "Raised FGF-21 and Triglycerides Accompany
Increased Energy Intake Driven by Protein Leverage in Lean, Healthy Individuals: A Randomised Trial", PloS One, Public Library of Science, United States, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1-16
- 2015, "The effect of a high-egg diet on cardiovascular risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes: the Diabetes and Egg (DIABEGG) study-a 3-mo randomized controlled trial", The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, American Society for Nutrition, United States, vol. 101, no. 4, pp. 705-713
- Malone M, West D, Xuan W, Lau NS, Maley M, Dickson HG 2015, "Outcomes and cost minimisation associated with outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) for foot infections in people with diabetes", Diabetes - Metabolism: Research and Reviews, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 638-645
- Malone M, Lau NS, White J, Novak A, Xuan W, Iliopoulos J, Crozier J, Dickson HG 2014, "The effect of diabetes mellitus on costs and length of stay in patients with peripheral arterial disease undergoing vascular surgery", European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 447-451
- 2013, "An intragastric balloon produces large weight losses in the absence of a change in ghrelin or peptide YY", Clinical Obesity, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd., United Kingdom, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 172-179
- 2013, "An intragastric balloon in the treatment of obese individuals with metabolic syndrome: A randomized controlled study", Obesity, Nature Publishing Group, United States, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1561-1570
- 2012, "A 12-month, randomised, controlled trial to examine the efficacy of the Korean diet in an Australian overweight and obese population - A follow up analysis", Obesity Research & Clinical Practice, Elsevier, Netherlands, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. e298-e307
- 2012, "A 12-week, randomised, controlled trial to examine the acceptability of the Korean diet and its effectiveness on weight and metabolic parameters in an Australian overweight and obese population", Obesity Research & Clinical Practice, Elsevier, Netherlands, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. e71-e83
- 2011, "Primary care referral to a commercial provider for weight loss treatment versus standard care: a randomised controlled trial", The Lancet, The Lancet Publishing Group, United Kingdom, vol. 378, no. 9801, pp. 1485-1492
- 2011, "Testing Protein Leverage in Lean Humans: A Randomised Controlled Experimental Study", PloS One, Public Library of Science, United States, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. e25929-1-e25929-11
- 2010, "Overview of endocrinopathies associated with Î²-thalassaemia major", Internal Medicine Journal, Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Australia, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 689-696
- 2014 SWSLHD Young Investigator- Mentor Award; .
- 2016 2POD-C: A Two part Phase II Open Label study of Denosumab for acute Diabetic CharcotNeuroarthropathy Namson Shon-Chung Lau; Hugh Dickson; Matthew Malone; Paul Wraight; Peter Lazzarini; Ewan Kinnear; Diabetes Australia Research Trust (DART).